Sunday, December 28, 2008

MANSON

"I've always had a desire to be provocative and to make people think, but it wouldn't be any challenge for me just to be shocking. That is where it begins for me, not where it stops. And I could be much more shocking. I think I've adopted a sense of subtlety. I don't sit around wondering how I can make myself even stranger to the world. I've simply evolved into the monster I created, and I'm quite happy with it."

"There's an old saying - 'The devil is the church's best friend.' If Satan wasn't around, churches would go out of business. The same goes for conservatives or Christians, or whoever they might be. They need art because art is evil; art challenges beliefs. Because I'm a vocal spokesperson for that kind of activity, I am the devil to them."

"There's a lot of great stories and a lot of great values in the Holy Bible, and I actually relate to a lot of them. The character, the idea, or the part of my personality that I describe as Antichrist Superstar, is a lot like Lucifer in the Bible. Someone who was kicked out of heaven because he wanted to be God. I try to say in my own story: 'Well if it was told from his point of view, then would he still be the bad guy?'"

This record [Mechanical Animals] was written on drugs about drugs, and it will likely be performed on drugs as well."

"
We are our own wicked gods.... sadistic and constantly inflicting a slow demise."

No comments:

Post a Comment