Friday, February 22, 2013

Contradictions

What are you worth in somebody's life, what will they let go of to be with you, what transient pleasures can they give up to have your companionship speaks a lot about your place in their lives. So when they leave you, you aren't hurt because they aren't going to be around but because it questions the times when they were around. 

Also whatever I am today is because of my parents. This life that I am enjoying is all because of their efforts. A part of me is them. They dreamt for me when I didn't know how to dream and what to dream about. They invested time and effort and money to get us where we are today. Is that why one is supposed to respect them? Because respecting them indirectly means respecting yourself?

I have no basis to be mad at anyone since there is no cure for misinterpretation. If you can't believe a person when he says that he is a bad person and invest all your effort in designing your life with them, then it is your shortcoming and not the other's fault. You built your castles on imagination and did not base them on reality, such castles crumble sooner or later once the realization strikes you. But isn't it beautiful to have your castle for that brief amount of time? Isn't it worth the effort? What was true for a brief moment, will it remain true forever? So many contradictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment