Monday, April 27, 2009

Subliminal message

A subliminal message is a signal or message embedded in another medium, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human mind's perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems. The term subliminal means "beneath a limen" (sensory threshold). This is from the Latin words sub, meaning under, and limen, meaning threshold.

2 comments:

  1. int...seems lyk a Russell Crowe in 'The Beautiful Mind' n I seem to be seeing a pattern in words too, lately...ur collated posts made me feel lyk goin thro an encyclopaedia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Sujay!
    It is weird that I never read this comment. It has been more than two years now, I don't know if you still exist in blogosphere.
    About the blog, well it is really a kind of personal encylcopedia for me :)
    What kind of patterns in words, if I may ask, if you still remember that is?

    ReplyDelete