Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Deep Thoughts" from Jack Handey

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then I could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.

I'd rather be rich than stupid.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me. I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave you.

Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment